A Master's degree program in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies offers a grounding in both feminist theory and empirical knowledge about the condition of women in the United States and around the world. Students may tailor an interdisciplinary program to meet a wide array of interests in either applied Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies or in advanced interdisciplinary or discipline-based scholarship.
Graduates of the GW Women's Gender, and Sexuality program are applying their knowledge and skills to careers in government and as teachers, researchers, lobbyists, public affairs specialists, and advocacy organizations staff members. About one-third of our graduates go on to earn doctoral or other professional degrees.
The Program offers two MA Degrees:
- Master of Arts in the field of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- Master of Arts in the field of Public Policy with a concentration in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
For Both Degrees:
- Evening Courses are available to accommodate working students
- Part time study (6 credit hours per semester) is permitted
- Course work in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies may be applied to the PhD program in Public Policy at the George Washington University.
Which MA do I pick? Click here for more information on choosing between the MA degrees.